Friday, January 9, 2015

Dwyane Wade Talks About 2016 Free Agency

Upon LeBron James' departure from Miami, Pat Riley tried to rebuild the Miami Heat roster for a short term with only three players having contracts through 2016: Chris Bosh, Shabazz Napier and Josh McRoberts. Dwyane Wade's contract expires in 2016, along with six more player contracts. This means that Wade will become a free agent and the Heat will have to decide what to do from that point and on: whether to resign Wade and other players or to bring new players, possibly superstars to the South Beach once again.
Free agency of 2016 will be filled with amazing players, such as Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, Joakim Noah and many more! And yes, LeBron will also be a free agent in 2016 if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season, which is highly unlikely.
Dwyane Wade said the following regarding the free agency which will happen in less than two years:
I'm not really focused on waiting until 2016. I don't know what that means. That's their organization. They do what they want from that standpoint. I'm not involved in that. I'm a player. Whatever decision they make from a 2016 standpoint is on them. The only thing I can control is the decisions I make and what I do. Whoever is here, whatever we decide to do, you just want to be competitive. That's all I ask for myself and for our guys. Nobody knows what's going to happen in 2016; 2016, to me, is so far away and I hope people aren't waiting on it thinking we're going to land this quote, unquote Big Fish because it might not happen for you. No one knows if Riley is going to wait until 2016. It's all speculation.
Is Pat Riley going to wait until 2016? That's a question. There are already rumors regarding trade of Luol Deng and we will see if Riley is planning to ship Deng away for possibly a big man. There are also a few more pieces included in trade talk and if someone is going to be traded, then it might happen in the next few days.
Miami Heat is still in rebuilding mode and it will take a while until they turn into title contenders. Could it be in 2016? What do you think is Riley going to do?